The directorate processes examination data, manages and develops information communication and technology systems.
The functions of the directorate are:
1. Developing computer systems,
2. Providing computer test scoring services,
3. Maintenance of hardware and software systems,
4. Preparation, controlling and computerization of data processes,
5. Designing and updating websites and
6. Providing user support and internet connections
The department is designing an electronic system for registering students. The system will allow candidates to directly register with MANEB, at the approved examination centres, and pay examination fees in MANEB account. This will address problems of nominal roll postage delays and misappropriation of examination fees by center administrators.