The following rules shall apply to candidates sitting for national examinations:
1. Every candidate shall, a day before entering the examination paper, sign the declaration form to confirm that he or she has read, understood and accepted to abide by the rules.
2. All candidates shall, before entering the examination room:
a. Visibly wear their identity cards and keep them visible until the end of each examination paper; and
b. Submit to thorough search, and any candidate found in possession of, or with reference materials in the examination room shall be liable to be disqualified for the entire examination and to prosecution.
3. Any candidate who colludes with another, or shares ideas during National Examinations shall be liable to be disqualified for the entire examination and to prosecution.
4. Every candidate shall be seated in the examination room fifteen minutes before examination starting time.
5. Where a candidate is permitted to enter the examination room after the examination starting time, no extra time shall be allowed.
6. No candidate will be permitted into the examination room after the examination has been in progress for thirty minutes or more.
7. No candidate shall be allowed to bring into the examination room such things as notes, textbooks, cell phones, mirrors, cardboards, folders, files, crib garments or any material which is likely to be used for cheating, and any such items found in possession of any candidate shall be confiscated, and the candidate shall be disqualified for the entire examination, and liable to prosecution.
8. No candidate shall bring any reference material within 100 metres of the examination room.
9. Every candidate shall make sure that the examination envelope marked “A” is opened and that the one marked “B” is sealed in their presence.
10. A candidate may be allowed to go to the toilet and shall be escorted by a security officer, and any time lost in the process shall not be compensated.
11. Any candidate who harasses a supervisor, an invigilator or any other authorised official at an Examination Administration Centre, or who disrupts examinations in any way, shall be liable to be disqualified in the entire examination, and shall be liable to prosecution.
12. Any candidate who is unlawfully assisted in any way during an examination shall be disqualified for the entire examination, and shall be liable to prosecution.
13. All internal candidates shall be identified by the head teacher of their school in addition to wearing an identity card.
14. All external candidates shall be identified by the authentic identity cards issued by the MANEB and the external candidates who do not have the required identity cards shall not be admitted into an examination room.
15. Any candidate who has been involved in any examination malpractice shall complete his or her section on the Form No. EMF 002 and sign against his name.
16. Candidates shall adhere to the sitting plan.
17. Any candidate found copying or exchanging scripts or peeping from another candidate’s script during the examination shall be disqualified in the entire examination, and shall be liable to prosecution.
18. Any candidate who submits two scripts of an examination paper shall be disqualified for the entire examination.
19. Any candidate who hires another person to write examinations on his or her behalf shall be disqualified and shall be liable to prosecutions while the hire person commits and an offence and shall be liable to prosecution.
20. No candidate shall be permitted to write examination under the influence of alcohol or drugs
21. Any candidate, who in the course or at the end of National Examinations:
a. Threatens, harasses or intimidates any member of staff, any candidate or any student at an Examination Administration Centre; or
b. Wilfully destroys, damages, or vandalises any property at an Examination Administration Centre shall be disqualified in the entire examination and in addition shall be liable to prosecution.
22. Any candidate who has enrolled as an external candidate but writes National Examinations as an internal candidate shall be disqualified in the entire examination.